Higher Education Institution Agronomy, food, environment


Lyon offers great quality of life: efficient public transportation systems, leisure, nice student residence halls, many cheap university restaurants.


Leandro Brazilian exchange student


The International Relations Department can help you find an accommodation in Lyon.


ISARA-Lyon can pre-book rooms in students' residence halls, thus facilitating the administrative process.



/!\ Application for pre-booking shall be made by ISARA-Lyon

If you prefer searching for housing by yourself:


Housing allowance

CAF is a family benefits organization. As a student renting an apartment in France, you are eligible for a housing allowance - called “Aide Personnalisée au Logement” (APL) - provided by this organization. The amount depends on the location of the apartment, its surface area and the revenues of the student.

To apply online - - you need:

  • Your complete address in France.
  • Proof of income (scholarships, wages, etc.).
  • Your French bank details.
  • Your email address.


When the online application is done, you need to set up a file. The following documents need to be joined to the file:

  • A « demande d’aide au logement » form, completed by you.
  • A housing attestation, completed by your landlord or CROUS.
  • Civil status documents (i.e ID, passport, birth certificate or family record book).
  • Non-EU nationals: a student visa + a copy of your passport showing the “OFII” stamp.
  • EU nationals: a proof of student status + a copy of your European health insurance card + a formal statement of sufficient resources.

/!\  Every documents from your country MUST be translated into French by a SWORN TRANSLATOR.
Please note that there is a waiting period (“délai de carence”) of 1 month. CAF will NOT pay the allowance for the first month spent in the apartment.


Emilien PAX

International Relations Department

+33 - (0)4 27 85 85 10